Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"Hugh 2 for $1 Biscuits"


I actually saw a sign on a McDonald's marquis that said this. Now, I know that when you place the plastic letters up on a sign that there is no magical spellcheck to save you from public embarrassment, but you would think that someone would let the fine establishment and purveyor of all that is delicious and supersized know that the word HUGH, while phonetically reasonable, is nowhere near to the word HUGE. I blame this debacle on senior marketing manager, Laura. She should have spent less time getting a caricature made and more time, I don't know, being a senior marketer!

Unless, McDonald's is trying to tap into a new market and they really do have Hugh Grant's or Hugh Laurie's or Hugh Jackman's biscuits on sale for a dollar. Now, that would be a steal and it makes me wonder which Hugh is up for the taking?

You can have your pick of the British one that is always typecast as the jerk that the ladies can't help to fall for and fawn over (Grant). BTW, I'm digging on the leather pants, geesh!

Or,choose the other British one that is the Black Adder chumming, live action 101 Dalmatian counting, Golden Globe winning, medical mystery solving invalid (Laurie).

Alas, to mix it up a little, how about the Australian Broadway showstopper, bezerka barager, see how my clothes conveniently disappear when I fight Magneto (Jackman)?





Ladies and gentlemen, this may prove to be a tough decision McDonald's is requiring us to make, or would you just rather have some real damn biscuits (although they pale in comparison to Popeye's chicken's biscuits, just look at those things)! The choice is up to you my friends.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Point me in the direction of the Mickey D's serving Hugh Grant Biscuits.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum...I had a McDonald's biscuit for breakfast this morning. And it had bacon on it. I love bacon.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

If they had a comma, it could make sense: "Hugh, 2 for $1 Biscuits." In other words, it would just be a sign for one person, Hugh, to let him know that they had a helluva deal on bicuits. I was also thinking Hugh Biscuits could be the brother of Chuck Biscuits, the legendary drummer of the band Danzig.

7:22 PM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Mo- Even in those leather pants? Don't you think that the biscuits would be, I don't know, anti-vegan?

Sarah-McDonald's egg mcmuffins w/o canadian bacon are my achilles heel. I always hope that I am up early enough to have access to one. I should start petitioning that McDonald's offer breakfast 24/7.

Dr. Ken-Would they be called the Biscuit Brothers if they started a band together? My only wish is that they would be better than the Bacon Brothers or the Disco Biscuits.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK--I just finished lunch at Wendy's. The sign out front read: "Do What Taste Right." I'm not kidding.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home