Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Irish-ish?



I headed to the South Side of Chicago on Sunday for my first South Side Irish Parade. I had heard about all the craziness that happened during the event and I was game on for it. I prepared myself for projectiles and paddy wagons. I really wanted to hang out with this lovely lady. But, alas, it did not happen. By the time the parade route was near to where I was enjoying some pre-parade frivolities I had mud smeared on my face and I was sitting on the sidewalk in front of a random house in the neighborhood.

I did accomplish my own bit of "mayhem" nonetheless. I marveled at the fifteen pounds of corned beef, chased someone around with a lawn sign and broke it over their back, completely ruined my arm throwing some awesome TD passes, ripped my new hoochie momma shirt, and struggled to keep the bathroom door closed. I hung out a lot with a twelve year old and we totally schooled his dad and uncle at basketball.

This weekend I'm straight up VIP for a hotel party. I'm going to lift my pinkie when I drink out of the mini stein around my neck. I am going to curtsy when introducing myself to plush leprechauns. Then I am going to ask for a piggy back ride with the hopes that said ride will lead to some molestation of him/her/it.

Hope your celebrations are keen!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kritkrat said...

I miss Chicago...

2:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pint....not Stein...I'm just saying, I don't want to be around you when the Barretts beat you down. Hey I have a blogger account?!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that the newest card carrying member of the paparazzi will be joining us for the Hilton party this year – I predict some time will be spent on Sunday afternoon looking at awesome pictures that we don’t remember taking.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Who's the girl in the picture? She has nice, Irish boobs.

4:11 PM  
Blogger 5 of 9er said...

I so want to go next year... I always talk about going but never do.

2:08 PM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Kdnknkdnk- We certainly know how to do it up.

John- Have you learned your lesson?

Mo- Oh, indeed. How I miss my little cutout friends.

Dr. Ken- I'll give her your number.

5of9er- Totally. I don't care if we have to drag you down there.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home