Monday, February 05, 2007

Do you understand my sadness?

You might if you were born and raised in Chicago and had to witness the complete and utter disappointment that was the Superbowl.

I didn't cry, but almost did while thinking about my Dad. He was completely ecstatic when the Bears won the NFC Division Championship. When I talked to him on the phone that day he said, "Thank you Classy for moving back to Chicago and bringing the Bears a victory today." I can only imagine how devastated he was after the loss yesterday.

I almost gave myself diabetes after gorging on Bears cupcakes and cookies from Dinkel's bakery at the conclusion of the game. I gave myself an orange frosting Tony Dungy-style dirty sanchez. It was a perfect ending to my day.

So, the Bears colored nails will be eradicated with acetone later today, my Keep the Ball in the Fridge 1985 classic tee will go into the wash for the first time in weeks, and my orange rain boots will go into storage.

Here's to waiting for another over half of my life . . .

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger 5 of 9er said...

Sniff Sniff. If you need someone to go out and get drunk with just let me know... or MsJulieGong. You are right, today is a sad day in Chicago. Now I know how Cubs fans feel every day.

5:14 PM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

I didn't think lady-folk could give themselves dirty sanchezes, but since it was from a cupcake, then I guess it is (sorta) OK?

If we ever needed an excuse to drink, this is it.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

It's downright painful. It's like someone kicked me in the groin. Twice.

I'm sad for Classy's dad too.

: (

8:31 PM  
Blogger JulieGong said...

Fremeny aside... I'd give you a hug or beer if I could.

Here's to next year!

10:01 AM  
Blogger chuckdaddy2000 said...

My dad was also the first person I thought of.

11:57 PM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

5of9er- Haha, thanks for the Cubs comment.

Cherry- Definitely okay, but my upper lip was stained for a little bit.

Dr. Ken- He's looking forward to April 2nd and the drag strips opening. So am I!

Julie- Thanks. I knew you would be there for me during my time of need beeyotch!

LKK- My orange underlovlies didn't do the trick either.

Chuckdaddy- Really, how could we not? I think my Dad has orange and blue running through his veins.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home