Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Campus Ladies, How I Miss Thee . . .

I know this is late news for those in the know, but I was just reminiscing* about the Campus Ladies show and damn it I miss it! Curses to you Oxygen network for not renewing it. It seriously was the only show in recent memory that I would look forward to watching. Maybe I loved the show because I had the glimmer of hope that I would one day be a Campus Lady, making my own clothes from Jo-Ann Fabrics (or Hancock Fabrics), going heavy on the blue eyeshadow and hair spray, and creepily obsessing over guys at least twenty years younger than me. Wait a sec, I can do all of these things now! All hope is not lost. But, seriously, now my days are spent hoping that an America's Next Top Model Marathon will come on VHI.



*not that I'm on a Fergie kick or anything, but doesn't that one line in "Glamorous" sound like she says "reminiscing on days when I had a Moustache"? That would be so much better than a Mustang.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I remember when I had a Mustang AND a moustache. Along with the pack of smokes rolled up my shirt sleave, I was a triple threat.

9:35 AM  
Blogger JulieGong said...

I really thought she was saying moustache for the longest time. And yes that would be way better.

10:10 AM  
Blogger blythe said...

i've started referring to money (when i have it, which is never) as lettuce due to this dastardly song. gotta support my shoe fetish... i hate that i know the lyrics to this song.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Kritkrat said...

I am totally hooked on Campus Ladies now.

8:55 AM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

I love love Campus Ladies. Maybe some other network will pick the show up.

Why are you listening to that bladder control-challenged hag anyway??

10:46 AM  
Blogger Sheena Beaston said...

while Campus Ladies is delicious, have you ever come across Kath & Kim?

its on the Sundance Channel and it is a hilarious show from Australia....kinda fills the void Oxygen left us with (although i'd put my money on K&K being funnier)

9:58 AM  
Blogger 5 of 9er said...

Never seen it... I'm so unhip. :(

10:55 AM  
Blogger Loaf said...

Can't believe I was transfixed for the whole 8 minutes, I so want them to show that over here now!

3:33 PM  
Blogger JulieGong said...

I can't believe how boring you've been lately.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home