Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Snow Wrong

Thanks to Cherry I have developed an addiction to Corbis. I use it for work and for my general entertainment. The above photo falls in the general amusement category. Now, when would one ever use this for any type of advertising or report? Would it be used for pamphlet entitled, "When your child is in need of shock therapy?" or "How to trick a young 'un to look at your business?" (close your legs people!) or "You know you are in Europe when?" (look at the loafers, 'nuff said) or "Pizza Hut outdoor seating reserved for hipsters only."

Some other questions, who came up with this shot? What was their inspiration? Who are her parents? How much did the little girl get paid? Where can I buy that kick ass Snow White doll?

Granted, I created my fare share of chaos in the world of Barbies and Teddy Ruxpin. With the former being turned into men/amputees/drowning and the latter getting his eye poked out (try to read me a story now, buddy). But, my parents did not document the abuse for fear that they would no longer have a child in their home that would cry when Kiss came on TV, that would eat sticks of butter, and that would do choreographed routines to the Cheers & Law and Order (oh so jazzy) themes. There would have been a void in their household.

7 Comments:

Blogger 5 of 9er said...

choreographed routines to the Law and Order theme... wow! next time we are all out we need to see this!

10:30 AM  
Blogger JulieGong said...

Where do I even begin...

(1) How do you turn a Barbie into a man? Sicko!
(2) You had Barbies? I thought you'd be more of a knife kind of girl.
(3) That child under the table is how I picture you.
(4) You must break out the choreographed routines during the dance off because that is totally lame and will secure my victory over you.

11:17 AM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

Christ on a bike, I will pay you hard cash to perform your "Law & Order" dance.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

If that crazy, little kid were under my table, I'd immediately call an exterminator and an exorcist.

5:48 PM  
Blogger I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

I bet $5 the guy who took this picture ends up on Dateline's "To Catch a Predator" segment.

8:56 PM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

5of9er- You will not be disappointed with my mad interpretive skills. They are mezmerizing.

Julie- 1)Barbie needed some love
2) Thank you. 3) I'm cuter 4)Read above comment, victory is nowhere near your clutches.

Cherry- Let's work out the arrangement. I only take crisp $100s.

Dr.Ken- Wouldn't one do the job? Now, you are being excessive!

Not Carrie- He's prob on every week like all those other ne'er-do-well's.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Kritkrat said...

Why can't I post a comment on your newest blog? Are you afraid people are going to diss gram for sending you to buy smokes? Cause I don't think there's anything wrong with that...

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home