Friday, October 20, 2006

Not standing tongue tied in the corner . . .

My ten-year high school reunion is three weeks away. While it is not considered an official reunion, it’s actually at a local bar (a really heinous one) and has been organized by four of the popular girls in high school (funny how my friends and I still think of them in those terms, but c’mon they are still referring to themselves as the Beautiful Girls), I’ve decided to go through some intense preparations for the special event. I like to call it my survival conditioning.

1) Participate in a yearbook reading party with my BFFs where we look through our yearbooks and the comments. I can already check this one of my list, phew! It was a surreal experience reading over the comments I wrote in my BFFs yearbooks and the ones they wrote in mine. Although it’s been ten years, we are pretty much the same people with the same sense of humor. Well, except for my junior year. All I have to say is who writes a morose poem in their BFF’s yearbook? I must have been listening to too much of The Smiths at the time.

2) Learn the Little Superstar dance. I’ve started to utilize some of his moves on the dance floor already, but don’t have the whole routine down. One night a group of friends and I decided that we were going to do the entire routine at the reunion.

One friend claimed the Charleston part of the routine, to do only that part is simply not allowable. Either you are in for the entire routine or you will have to sit on the sidelines and spectate.







3) Craft an elegant story about my illustrious career as a “Cats” the musical backup dancer. See that’s me, bottom row, right.


4) Throw a reunion night pre-party where we will get blitzed. Nothing like proving to your high school nemesis that you’ve moved up in the world than showing up drunk to your reunion!

5) Practice my meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meows and claw dance (see #3).

6) Build up my puking stamina (maybe #4 will help?).



7) Convert the cassette copy of my last high school radio show to CD for mass distribution. Okay, maybe not mass distribution, but I may know five people that will humor me with a request for it.

8) Find more childhood and adolescence pictures of my BFFs to display on our refrigerator for all in attendance at our pre-party to see.

9) Survive Halloween.


10) Make more business cards from VIP’s Gentleman’s Club. While walking to the train from Lollapalooza this summer I found one of their discount cards on the sidewalk. When people at the reunion ask what I do for a living I will tell them, “As a matter of fact I just got a new job!” I will then whip out the VIP’s card and tell them not go on amateur night because they will not see me there.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definatly put me down for a copy of that CD!

If you're going to do the Little Superstar dance, you'll have to ask them to keep randomly pausing the music for the full effect!

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you so have to do #10.

And I too will be practicing the Little Superstar like a MADMAN over the next 10 days...

...Because you know what brings down the house on Halloween? A panda doing the Little Superstar. Hell-to-the-yeah!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best blog to date! ! ! You must explain to everyone that your years performing for “Cats” the musical prepared you for your current occupation as a VIP stripper. All those cat like motions easily translate into stripper moves. Especially since your show consists of you stripping out of your “Cats” get-up (Man, would the people at “Cats” the musical be angry if they found out). I think you should also throw in an addiction to cat-nip as part of your story just to make it extra special over the top.

10:31 AM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Matt- I NEED to find that boom box and enlist someone to be the official pauser.

Cherry- I am totally doing #10! I fear that the amazing spectacle known as your Halloween routine will induce a riot. People will not be able to control themselves. I am getting my disco woot woot hollers ready.

Jerry only- Thanks for reading! I hope that you didn't get kicked out this time. And do not worry, I am not hanging with anyone who says,"No, officer we don't have any drugs in here."

Mo-Is it appropriate for a cat stripper to do a gorilla slap? There is nothing really agile about it, but I do love to bring it out in my repertoire. Maybe I can wear a fanny pack filled with fish flavored Whiskas cat treats and a mini cat nip plant. I think I would be a hit.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would kill to hear your DJ tapes. Why Johnny Fever? Weren't you more influenced by Venus Flytrap?

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerry Only is a guy in the Misfits. I knew I knew that name from somewhere.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd gladly be the official pauser, I just need a couch, a 70's moustache, and some work on my suggestive staring.

2:30 AM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Dr. Ken- No need to kill, they aren't collector's items yet.

I would say I was influenced by both the former "Duke of Funk" and Johnny. I like the rock and the roll and throw in some Teena Marie and I just might join the Mary Jane Girls. I just thought the pic was so goofy and kind of reminds me of my dad, so why not?

Thank you for the Misfits research. Should have been more obvious to me given a certain someone's propensity for all things Danzig.

Matt-Start working on that suggestive staring for March! By that time Cherry and I will have that routine down.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAITAMINUTE - they seriously refer to themselves as the beautiful girls? um... have they looked in the mirror? ew. not to say that i am better looking or anything, but i haven't bestowed such a title to myself. is that what this bo thing is all about???

i already told ankush that i would further hone my improv skills by inventing a different crazy career for every moron that asks, "sooooo... what are you doing now?" aka "tell me what your job is so i can tell if i'm better off than you are" and also inventing a different excuse for why ankush has chosen not to speak to certain people [i.e. "oh i'm sorry, ankush has smoked too many cigarettes and has now lost his voice as a result of an incredibly rare strain of emphysema. however, he has asked that you leave any messages on this etch-a-sketch."]

6:55 PM  
Blogger darci ann said...

#4 is the essential strategy to your success, this worked well for me. I hope one of the beautiful girls as baby spit up on their dress, as one of my "beautiful girls," did. It made the evening.

8:58 PM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Kirsten- My deductive reasoning skills (as in reading the senior will) have led me to surmise that beautiful girls = bos. We never said that they were smart.

I think you should bring a mini etch-a-sketch & a lite brite with you for good measure.

Darci- I agree that #4 is essential. I'm not sure there will be baby spit up on a dress unless one of them brings their baby to the bar (BFF, don't get any ideas). But, if they do, then I am getting that baby drunk on jaeger bombs! It looks like apple juice, right?

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best part of Classy's radio show is when she'd play Champagne Supernova and say, "And now... The best song of the 1990's." Brings back memories . . .

3:03 PM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

People, Dr. Ken is grossly mistaken with his comment. You couldn't pay me enough to say that even when I was 17 years old and making $5 an hour. I would declare "I Adore Mi Amor" by Color Me Badd one of the best songs of the 90s before I would give Noel Gallagher those kind of props.

Okay, now it's time for me to take some ludes to calm down.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, don't EVEN rip on noel. you know i love him, and you know i love that song.

you just like that dude in color me badd that looks like kenny g.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home