Wednesday, June 06, 2007

What's With All the Hubbub You Losers?!?!


So, people are freaking out about the London 2012 Olympics logo. I, for one, think it's pretty awesome. It makes me want to breakdance. It makes me want to pole vault in parachute pants. It makes me want to go back to London and attempt to do some graffiti on the tube.

There's word that the video/commercial is causing epileptic seizures. Didn't Pokemon do that at one point?

All right, I know it cost a pretty penny to create the branding campaign, but get over it. The decision has been made, the design is done, and I'm sorry if you don't get/like it. Things don't have to be ultra slick and high design to be good (or include the union jack). If they are targeting a younger market with the current logo (as the news says), well then designers, you've hit your target with this little lady.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kritkrat said...

Was it Japan that had those two big blobs as the official mascots of the Olympics? Who cares? It's supposed to be fun. And no one is going to remember the second the opening ceremonies are over anyway.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I look at that logo and think, "Looks like Hello Kitty coughed up another fur ball."

6:39 PM  
Blogger JulieGong said...

I just had a seizure.

10:29 AM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Kadonk- My sentiments exactly.

Dr.Ken- I think it's more like an abstract art piece Glomer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Punky_brewster_cartoon.jpg

Julie- Mission accomplished. I posted this just to induce your seizure. Hope you had fun!

12:05 PM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Punky_brewster
_cartoon.jpg

12:09 PM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

Hmmm. When I look at that logo -- To borrow one of my favorite lines from the quintessential 80's movie "Pretty in Pink": "I don't know whether to shit or go sailing."

1:20 PM  
Blogger tfg said...

When I see that logo, it makes me regret the 14 hits of acid I ate for dinner.

8:00 PM  
Blogger JulieGong said...

Oh I had a blast. The seizure was much better than actually reading your blog.

:)

10:17 AM  
Blogger 5 of 9er said...

Best quote of the day... maybe the week: "pole vault in parachute pants." Nice Classy!

10:27 AM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Cherry- I think you should do both. Just make sure not to soil your dockers in the process.

tfg- I would think it would make your trip better. Maybe you should stick with 10 hits.

Julie- Well, you having a seizure is similar to you dancing, so no wonder it was good times.

5of9- I'm glad someone appreciates the alliteration!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home