Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Love My Way




People, I am sorry regarding the delay in the much-anticipated summary of my reunion. I promise that in the next few days you will receive a comprehensive overview of the happenings, it’s just right now I am still processing all that occurred at the event and do not think I can do it justice at present. So, instead I leave you with my reflections upon one of my favorite Chicago bars where my presence has been sorely lacking as of late, my beloved Tai’s Til Four.

Some people wonder why I love my fav watering whole so much. It’s really a dump although they classed it up a bit in recent years (even though the owner against his better judgment did not take my suggestion of getting a mural painted on the wall of himself lying shirtless on top of a trans am). There really isn’t any other place in Chicago that can attest to having a dance floor that kicks out the jams until 4am during the week and until 5am on Saturdays. By now, I would hope that you know that Classy loves to dance and will dance anytime, anywhere as long as there is some semblance to a beat. Now, I am not looking for the perfect beat, but as long as there is a beat I will proceed to turn it around (really, what does that mean?)

Okay, why do I heart Tai’s? The reasons are voluminous. I am their most loyal non-paying customer. I can skip line at any hour even when there is a line down the street. I can drink Old Style tall boys. I have access to Jay’s Hot Stuff chips. I can tell off the drunkards that are there and tell them that they have the clap and then proceed to clap in time to the beat with no repercussions. I can get kicked out and literally two minutes later regain my coveted space on the dance floor. I can dance for three hours straight in suffocating heat and still go back for more. I can jump up on a garbage can outside and do reverse pushups on the front façade, again with no repercussions. I can request a song and actually hear it being played (Lil' Kim, anyone?). I can throw elbows and clear the dance floor with my BFFs with our tag team back again hijinks. I can see dudes doing the worm on the skanky ass dance floor. I can walk home! Did I mention Old Style tall boys?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot that you have puked and rallied at Tai's quite a few times, also with no repercussions.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you should have your own special place at the bar, with a plaque saying "Classy's Spot"!

Have to bring me up to speed with the cultural reference though; what's an Old Style tall boy?

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, when are you taking me there? We can't let the momentum from Halloween stop!

10:38 AM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Mo- Hey, I haven't done that in a while! I do remember trying to go into the men's restroom by mistake to puke though and hopping into a dumpster . . .

Matt- A special plaque would give the place a nice touch, but considering I never sit down when I am there it may cause some confusion.

For more information about all that is lovely about the pride of the Midwest please visit: http://www.oldstylebeer.com/
A tall boy is a 16oz can of this sweet, tastes like water, feels like a beer beer.

Cherry- Can't stop won't stop! Ms. Classy requests the honor of your presence at the infamous Tai's on Friday the 17th or Saturday the 18th. No gifts are necessary, just a desire to shake it like you own the place.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet I am there for sure. Looking forward to it. Let's get Dr. Ken there too!

Maybe burritos afterwards??

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cherry, Tai's is not a bar that you PLAN to go to. It's more one that you end up at, and then you have a 2 day hangover carrying into Monday, and you're thinking, "What the hell is wrong with me?" So, yeah, I can plan on being there soon.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to give the Old Style a go; Old Style beer and Old School dancing, a winning combination!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all this talk of Tai's. you should check out newcity this week. the old style tall boy isn't mentioned but the magic that is Tai's still comes though.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did somebody say Tai's? This weekend??? With Classy and Mo? I could be convinced.

5:01 PM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Kool & the Gang- Oh yes, Tai's is on. Bring your dancing shoes & your sweat towels. Be prepared for late night burritos and incoherent conversations that you probably won't remember.

Vince- I would prefer you not promote that smut to my highly sophisticated audience. I did read the article online, but don't seem to recall ever seeing a bouncer with a gun, but then again I miss seeing a lot there.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home