Thursday, November 16, 2006

Oh What A Night *


The anticipation has ended! My reunion summary has arrived! So, here goes. As many of you know my ten-year reunion was a week and a half ago. In recent prior posts I have gone into elaborate detail regarding the preparations involved on my part and others to ensure that the reunion was a balls out event. Some of these preparations occurred: pre-party, upped puking stamina, VIP gentleman’s card presentation. Others did not: Little Superstar routine, 8x10 photos of classmates, getting addicted to catnip. I am a little disappointed in myself.

Now, I knew that there was going to be people there that gained some weight, some hefty homies and home girls, but I can say that nearly 70% of the guys in attendance had put on the lbs. Most of the ladies looked decent, some pretty hot if I do say so myself, and the ones that had put on weight actually had babies recently so they had a reasonable excuse.

While looking at the pictures that were taken during the reunion my BFFs made an interesting observation-they thought one of the guys in attendance had a face transplant. Not the botox here/collagen there type of transplant, more like a getting smacked in the face multiple times with super absorbent chewing tobacco that in turn created some crevices/cancer in the facial area that shouldn’t be there when you are at your ten year.

Enough about appearances, let’s proceed to a section I will entitle, “What Happens When People Don’t See Each Other for Ten Years and go to an All You Can Drink” with the following sub-headings “I never talked to you in high school, but I will take this opportunity to show you what a complete asshole I am now!” or “Liquor makes me/him/her/us complete morons.”

Multiple people asked me where my red hair was. Seriously folks, I had fire engine red hair for about three months my junior year of high school, is that ALL you remember about me? What about my brains, charm, fantastic taste in music, and magnetic personality? All right then, what about my boobs?

After I told an old friend of mine that I was living with my BFF in Chicago I was asked by the same friend if I was married. Yes, I am married but have decided to not live with my husband because that would just be too awkward.

I will always dance like a complete moron even when there is not a dance floor and there is no one else dancing. There are pictures of this, mostly of me flailing my arms in the background. Why does it always look like I am doing the mashed potato? I need to get better paparazzi.

I ran into my first boyfriend who really still looks like he did in 6th grade. He was wearing an old school Chicago Bears scarf (awesome, but I do not regret breaking up with him, although I would consider dating him again if I gained possession of the scarf). My BFF asked him if he was Harry Potter. He didn’t seem too pleased with the comment. I, on the other hand, guffawed.

I mistook a room that was “fashioned” to look like the outdoors (Why? Don’t ask me.) to be an actual patio. I was recalling the evening the next day with a friend of mine who was also in attendance and told her that the patio was pretty sweet. She was disappointed that she didn’t hang out in the patio, but a few seconds later said, “You mean the room with the fake fountains that we checked our coats?” I could have been in Europe for all I knew.

During the reunion and after-parties it was painfully obvious that a multitude of dudes were trying really hard to make some time with whatever lady crossed their path. Most of the ladies were ones that they never spoke more than two sentences to during all of high school. In an effort to impress those of the female persuasion the guys even had the nerve to say to that they didn’t believe that they went to high school with them. Yes, fella that certainly is the best way to her heart or into her pants.

With all this being said, I am eagerly awaiting my 10.5-year reunion.

*This was seriously my prom theme. What am I 72?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great night, shame you didn't get in the Little Superstar routine though, I guess that takes a couple more tequilas.

I have to wonder if any of the guys were fooled by the indoor patio as well, and tried taking a whizz behind a fake bush.

And if you find anyone that can take good pictures when you're dancing, let me know!

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in for the 10.5 year reunion. I’m hoping to pick up some more business cards from guys with girlfriends and get asked a few more times if I’m Jewish.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worth the wait! I share Loaf's disappointment about Little Superstar. But it gives me hope that perhaps we can rent a dance studio one afternoon, don our best Jane Fonda/Madonna workout leotards and learn the moves together.

4:45 PM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Matt- More tequila would have led to me peeing behind a fake bush.

Mo- One can only hope that the business cards you are handed in the future not only have a dude's picture on the side of a truck, but also on the flip side have him posing on a tiger skin rug. Grrr.

Cherry- OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! We MUST do that! While we are at it we can also learn the Olivia Newton John "Let's Get Physical" routine. For the occasion I can pick up my old Get In Shape Girl weighted bracelets. I hope pastels work with your outfit.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me get in on the Olivia Newton John video. Just hook me up with a head band and a rowing machine.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet. Should we do this before or after binge drinking and burritos?

2:26 PM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Our dance studio rental fee might best be utilized before binge drinking. I tend to be more coordinated under those circumstances.

On the other hand, when I've had a few beers in me(and by a few I mean ten), I become convinced that I am the captain of DANCE TEAM AWESOME, so that might be better for video documentation/blackmailing purposes.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) who was the face transplant victim?

2) who was harry potter?

3) thanks for mentioning me in the reunion highlights! you seriously had me puzzled for a good 5 minutes over that whole patio thing. i totally laughed out loud.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4) you can't just use any headbands for your Get in Shape Girl routines. they have to be made of 3 different pastel shades of plush terry cloth braided together with coordinating wristbands and legwarmers.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home