Thursday, December 28, 2006

NBC and the NFL I am so DONE with you!




For one thing, what’s the deal with changing the Bears game from noon on New Year’s Eve to 7pm? I really don’t understand it. So, maybe the Packers have a slim to none chance of making it into the playoffs. Maybe it’s Brett Favre’s last game. By the way, didn’t he retire like seven times already? But, you are really screwing with my life. I had a very packed itinerary for the day and now who knows. I HAVE to watch the Bears game. I HAVE to wear my “Keep the Ball in the Fridge” shirt. Then I HAVE to change and get into full out New Year’s mashed up music party mode. I don’t doubt that I can do it, but I would have liked to have had the luxury of watching and stressing out about the game and then given some downtime to collect myself. Wipe my forehead with a ‘kerchief, hang out in the sauna, take a disco nap and the like. But, NO!

Oh no and then you have to pour salt into my wounds and put together a frickin’ ad for the game that highlights how Brett Favre is a hero and intersperse clips of the characters from Heroes? You are really pissing me off. Is Brett going to save the world with his last touchdown pass? I think not.

P.S. Well okay, I have no choice but to watch the game, so I am not really done with you.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger JulieGong said...

Disco nap?

9:03 AM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

According to the Urban Dictionary (yes, it really exists on the internet) a Disco Nap is:

Sleeping when ya got something goin' later on that you need to get ready for.

Used in a sentence on Urban Dictionary:
"i was about to go to the club, but i needed a disco nap to feel refreshed."

I really didn't know that there was such an in depth definition, but it works for me.

11:39 AM  
Blogger JulieGong said...

Wow. I'm so going to use that now. Almost as much as chacha! Thank You!

12:12 PM  
Blogger darci ann said...

ack, I have not seen this brett favre montage and hope I miss it entirely!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

"Is Brett going to save the world with his last touchdown pass? I think not." - He will be throwing no such pass, as he will be eating turf due to Bears-related, spine-breaking sacks.

I agree that the time change interferes with a Bears fan's New Year's plans, but look at it this way, at least you don't have to drink, stop drinking, and then start drinking again. Now you can just got on that train and keep riding it into the new year!!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Loaf said...

I'm confident you'll fine a way to fit in all the events of the evening without missing a single drink along the way!

25 hours of 2006 to go, so Happy New Year!

4:53 PM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Julie- I am here to help and oh yes, the disco nap is a necessity to keep it going strong.

Darci- I hope that you never see it. I am scarred for life.

Dr. Ken- I wasn't planning on stopping drinking, that's the problem. But, I will ride that party train like nobody's business, just like the Quad City Djs.

Matt- Thank you for the vote of confidence.

10:49 AM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

OK, 3 things:
1. This is why I don't pay attention to silly things like football.
2. I love me some disco nap.
3. Where have you been??

1:00 AM  
Blogger classyandfancy said...

Cherry-
1) But Football is AWESOME! I can scream "Kill him!" and "What were you thinking?" at the tv and it's completely acceptable.
2) I took a disco nap almost every day since Christmas. I would take one at work, but there's too much crap under my desk.
3) Dancing, drunk, and disco napping.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home