Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My Summer JAM!




Everyone should have a dedicated summer jam and mine folks is the recently released "Magic" by Robin Thicke. When I first heard the track I thought it was an old disco tune & this girl sure loves some disco. The strings and horns and soulful tendencies just have me and even though it's lyrically simplistic, I don't care. A summer jam isn't supposed to make me think, it's supposed to make me move and make me feel good. The music gives me chills and instills me with hope that modern R&B will take a step back to a heyday when live bands played (instead of drum machines), vocals weren't always sung through effects processors (except for that tube processor thing that George Clinton uses, that rules), and that people really felt the music, not just the image.

4 Comments:

Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

Hmmmm... Robin Thicke, huh? Not sure how I feel about this one.

I am still in search of my summer jam, however.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shain said...

i have to (surprisingly) agree with cherry on this robin thicke. my summer seems to be going in a different direction.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Is he related to Allen Thicke from Growing Pains? "Show me that smile again . . ."

My summer jam is one that SO@24 turned me onto: Mundy's Galway Girl. Happy, happy song.

Hey, I got the top 100 R and B songs of the 1990's for the 90's party at my place this summer. Be there or be (makes a square with hands).

5:50 PM  
Blogger 5 of 9er said...

Really... hmmm... I might need to listen to this one again (in private, of course).

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home