Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Fine fine fine fine fine


Say what you want, but "Just Fine" the first track off of Mary J's upcoming album is TIGHT! I'm not sure why it's my current obsession. Is it the ooohs and the chorus that just screams "Make a House Remix of Me!"? Is it that I can't help feeling like this guy:

when I blast it? Is it that it gives me the same fuzzy feelings as MJ's "Off the Wall"? Is it that I've had enough of the sad sappy woe is me music that seems to populate much of my listening history? All right, I'm never going to give up Yo la Tengo's "Decora", but there's a time and place for that (usually in a dark room curled up into a ball crying), and although I do look good in black, right now I don't feel so much like doing that.

Although her hair is a borderline blond version of ANTM's Saleshia/Tootie's 'do, I still dig her, this video, & the song.

6 Comments:

Blogger 5 of 9er said...

Love the Mary J... I would totally make out with her... and LP just might be ok with it. Come on, it's Mary J.

10:40 AM  
Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

Sister learned her moves from me.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Before you said Off the Wall, I was totally thinking it sounds like old Michael Jackson, before he was a big ol' pervert.

Good jam, dude!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Look at this! All three liars are the first to comment.

What, what!!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shain said...

i approve

11:57 PM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

You need to post! Since you've posted Mary J. has been accused of taking steroid type stuff. You need to start taking some blog enhancing drugs to get you motivated.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home